Thank you for expressing an interest in joining the Mary Valley Rattler community. We hope to gather as large a group of volunteers as possible – each bringing their unique range of skills and interests to support the successful revival of the Mary Valley Rattler.
Whether you would like to work within a heritage environment, support the operation of our unique steam locomotives or help others to enjoy their railway experience, we would love to have you join us.
To become a registered volunteer simply download an application form by clicking one of the links below.
Please note: To comply with our legal obligations, only volunteers who have registered with The Rattler Railway Company Ltd using the form below can become volunteers with the Mary Valley Rattler.
The link below takes you to the online application form that you can complete electronically :
After we have received your application form the following steps will occur:
- Rattler Railway Company (RRC) will organize a mutual time for an interview to discuss the application, the volunteer’s desires, availability & skills.
- The RRC will seek references, complete the required searches, and discuss each applicant’s suitability for the role that was applied for.
- The RRC will advise the volunteer by mail or email of the outcome of their application.
- If required for the position sought, a medical will be organized for the volunteer to attend. All costs of medical will be paid by the RRC.
- All operational roles in train operations e.g. Driver, Fireman, Guard will require periodic medicals to be performed.
- An induction and training plan will be agreed upon (subject to the results of a medical check if required).Induction days will then be scheduled and the appropriate training will commence.